Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mr. Blackburn - Truly A Hero








Mr. Blackburn's choir classes were the best possible classes that I could have ever taken in Jr. High. He not only taught me how to sing well, read music, and be a member of a choir but above all he taught us about life virtues patience, kindness, love dedication, hard work, and persistence. Discipline is one thing that I really needed to learn while in his class. His class was always so structured and well organized. I loved the passion he has for his students and for the music. One thing that I enjoyed about his concert was reminder about he does it all! He plays the piano and conducts the choir at the same time I just love how he manages to do it so well. I have never been in any choir when the director could do such talented work. Now being 6 years since I have been in his class I still long for the chance to be in his presence because it has made such a positive effect in my life. I will never forget his jingles...any one who has had him knows what I am talking about! Mr. B has made a great impact in my life! Thank you! I love him dearly! I wish him the best in his future of composing music and the rest of his endeavors.

I went to Mr. Blackburn's last concert which was very good. I have a great friend in Chamber Choir his name is Lance Elliott and he is just awesome! I am so proud of how well he did. I was so excited to go and see him perform. The concert was great everyone was excellent singers and the guitarist rocked. I couldn't ask for a better concert! Lance you did amazing! You are the best!

1 comment:

Laurel said...

What a wonderful tribute to Mr. Blackburn, Angie. I know he would be very touched. Will he be able to read it? It would be really nice if he could.