Friday, February 1, 2013

I am alive!

I haven't posted in a really long time. :( But don't worry I recently found the desire to write more regularly.  I have been keeping myself really busy with school and work. I learned something in school recently that I think will make a difference on me forever.

I am going to school to be a graphic designer and for the longest time I would say that I am not an artist and that I couldn't draw, paint, photograph, etc. I simply just wanted to do art on the computer and be a graphic designer.

Well... I was so wrong and I am so glad I realized it at the earlier stages of school. Last semester I took Drawing 1 and I was terrified to take that class. I hadn't been in a drawing class since 8th grade. I used to love drawing but then I felt like I was not good as the peers in my class and I gave it up even through high school. I have such a passion for art and music I had to choose between art and choir. I chose choir which I am happy with! I just wish I wouldn't have so easily given up art. I did take one commercial art class in high school and absolutely loved loved it! I also took interior design in high school and at BYU!

A year ago I figured out that I have this huge passion for art still and I always will. I mean I love making posters and other such things that just  got me so excited and now I get to do art everyday. And the best part is that is why I am in school so that I can learn all sorts of art I took drawing and sculpture last semester and photography this semester and they are so out of my comfort zone but that is why they are so great! I get to learn new things and explore even more than just doing art on the computer.

I look forward to the rest of my schooling and I am not sure where life is going to take me but I am sure excited to see where these passions go! I have a music minor from BYU and now I am getting a art degree at UVU! Couldn't be happier about it! Except the costs of school of course... :) But i think it will be so worth it in the end!

I would love to share my art with everyone especially you all. So I started a new blog just for my art and music passions.  I am also using this as a way to build an online portfolio for when I want a creative but not limited to art job! I am going to do better on this personal blog and keep up the work on my other one. I have a lot of art projects I have done that I can't wait to share. You should check it out and follow my other blog too!

ampart.wordpress.com

Is there something you would like to try that is new? Something you are scared to do? Go out there and get your feet wet! It will be worth it!

AM

No comments: