Thursday, November 12, 2009

College: A True Blessing

School is very intense right now. I took two tests today...I study for American Heritage for about 15 hours in the last week. AH! I am done with that one thank goodness... however did not do as well as hoped :D I have to take another test Friday(tomorrow) and one on Monday.... than I have a huge American Heritage paper due Thursday next week...a paper due Friday and a paper due Monday all equally agonizing and lengthy. On top of that I have all normal reading, quizzes and homework assignments. This is typical for all college students here at the Y and I am sure other colleges. When do I enjoy life? Well this might sound odd but I should while I am going through all of this! While studying for my American Heritage test I came to realize I am not at school to pass college and cram everything in and forget it but I am here to learn and apply stuff to life. I learned so much about the US Constitution and government system. I now know how our nation became a nation and how the system works. What a wonderful blessing it is to be here and to learn about such important points in the history of our country. Without the 19th Ammendment which was passed in 1920 I would not have the right as a women to vote. I believe this is a true blessing to be able to vote. Or what a significant even the Civil War was 618,000 people died and was a very bloody war during the time of Abe Lincoln. This helped end slavery. Where would we be today if we still had slavery? I am very grateful to my Father in Heaven to let me have the chance to attend BYU. I hope I can continue to have my eyes open to the real reason I am here whether I pass or fail my classes grade wise this semester I have gained knowledge that I can take with me for eternity! Now that I am forever grateful.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Good points, Ange. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I think I learned that lesson about learning about my senior year in college. It really came in handy in grad school and even today. Sometimes we get caught up in the details of what we're doing and lose sight of why we're doing what we're doing.

Also, learning those kinds of things about the Constitution, etc. that you talked about is what got me into the career I'm in today. American Heritage is a great class. I used to sit in lectures just for fun and to learn after I had already taken it.